Summer is family health history time
At your next family reunion, www.rightathome.net suggests taking some time to talk about your family’s health. The seniors’ advisory agency recommends compiling and sharing a written health history document.
The free online “Family Health Portrait” tool at www.hhs.gov/familyhistory will help.
Ask senior family members about their parents’ and grandparents’ health. Knowing what health conditions may run in a family can motivate members to reduce their personal risks. Family health history also helps doctors diagnose and treat diseases when they can be identified early on.
- Community View: Tackle chronic disease to control health care costs
- Supervisors OK plan to improve health services
- Solana Beach family gathers 6 generations
- Family campout starts on Aug. 1
- Group calls for health care reform
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7108