Candidates getting jump on school board filings
The following local school district candidates have pulled papers for the Nov. 2 election. Aug. 6 is the last day for people to file candidacy papers for a variety of elections with the San Diego County Registrar of Voters. For more information, visit www.sdcounty.ca.gov.
- Del Mar Union School District (three seats): Jason Maletic, small business owner from Del Mar; Doug Rafner, attorney/mediator from Carmel Valley, and Scott Wooden, biopharmaceutical director/parent from Carmel Valley.
- Solana Beach School District (three seats): Jeff Busby, incumbent from Solana Beach; Vicki King, incumbent from Carmel Valley, Debra Schade, incumbent from Solana Beach.
- San Dieguito Union High School District board (three seats): Andrew Brown, governing board member Cardiff School District from Encinitas; Barbara Groth, SDUHSD president from Rancho Santa Fe; Amy Herman, business owner/parent from Carmel Valley; John Salazar, Rancho Santa Fe resident; Rick Shea, retired administrator from Encinitas, and Sandra Timmons, community volunteer from Encinitas.
- Torrey Pines board seeks candidates
- Board approves expanded cell tower at Torrey Pines High School
- Del Mar school board considers taking action against superintendent
- Three enter race for seats on Del Mar school district board
- Meet the candidates
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2270