San Dieguito district to lay off 15 employees
At its July 20 meeting, the San Dieguito Union High School District board agreed to eliminate and/or reduce 19 positions, resulting in 15 classified employees being laid off for the 2010-2011 fiscal year.
The changes take effect Sept. 7, 2010. The reductions and eliminations will net the district $745,054.
The decision to eliminate these positions, as well as to reduce the hours and/or months of several other classified contracts, is a result of the state budget crisis, explained Terry King, associate superintendent of Human Resources.
The positions that were eliminated or reduced are computer support technician, purchasing agent, campus supervisors, office assistants, locksmith, custodial staff, bus drivers, administrative secretary and executive assistant.
— Matt Liebowitz
- High school district student bus fees raised to $600
- High school district grapples with budget gap
- More significant budget cuts coming for San Dieguito high school district
- Del Mar Union School District creates budget task force
- Ma resigns San Dieguito school post to head for Monterey
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6423