SigAlert on I-5 after major injury crash
Five injured in I-5 crash near La Jolla Five people were injured about 8 a.m. this morning in a crash involving at least three vehicles on Interstate 5 in the Mount Soledad area, authorities said.
“Units are still on scene,” reported Officer Ray Scheidnes of the California Highway Patrol at 8:55 a.m. about the crash on northbound Interstate 5, between state Route 52 and Gilman Drive. “A vehicle appeared to have been stopped in the center divide and that vehicle was struck by another moving vehicle, and then those two vehicles were struck by a third vehicle.”
Paramedics took five people to hospitals, including two who sustained major trauma, a San Diego fire-rescue dispatcher said. As of 8:30 a.m., a SigAlert was in effect as emergency crews worked to clear the freeway which had its two left lanes blocked.
State Route 52 also was backed up, the CHP reported.
- Staff writer Dave Schwab contributed to this report
- Sorrento Valley crash snarls morning traffic
- Vehicle overturns on SR 56
- Suspected drunk driver arrested after Leucadia crash
- Suspected drunken driver arrested after early morning crash
- CHP says woman killed in I-5 crash lived in Solana Beach
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6750