Thanks to a stranger
May I take this medium to thank the young lady who, for the last two weeks, worked very hard to remove the baked-on soil from the sidewalk that was washed down last rainy season from the embankment on Del Mar Heights Road between Mango and Boquita.
This soil when dry becomes as hard as rock and was up to 10 inches high and is very hard to walk, it took some muscles to clear this. I am sorry I did not stop to find out who this nice volunteer was, but she deserves an accolade and thanks from the local citizens and hopefully this note reaches you.
The last few years I got the city crews to come out and remove it; this year I was not successful. So thank you again, young lady.
Siegfried “Gary” Pfeiffer
Del Mar Heights
- Do your part to make a better nation
- Michelle Obama tours San Diego farm
- Pennies for Peace totals are in
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Volunteer San Diego
- Coastal Cleanup Day hits 25 years of service
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7311