Construction on new Carlsbad high school begins
By City News Service
A groundbreaking ceremony was planned Thursday in Carlsbad to mark the start of construction on a $104 million high school expected to serve about 1,500 students.
The new school, which is the second for the Carlsbad Unified School District, will sit near the intersection of College Boulevard and Cannon Road. District officials said it will open in 2013.
The school is mostly being paid for by Proposition P, a $198 million school bond measure approved by voters in 2006.
- Construction begins at UCSD Medical Center
- Arson fire set at Carlsbad elementary school
- Detours on I-15 for construction start tonight
- Construction of new pump station begins in Del Mar
- Carlsbad crash snarls traffic
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=278