Chili and Quackers Challenge is fun for a cause
Del Mar Rotary held its annual Chili and Quackers Challenge Oct. 9 at Powerhouse Park. Local restaurants and individuals competed in a chili cook-off. Also, local lifeguards set up a course for the Ducky Derby, where 10 winners took home prizes. For the second consecutive year, the event was funded by the County Board of Supervisors at the recommendation of Supervisor Pam Slater-Price.
Water for Africa was named as the premier partner of the Challenge. The nonprofit organization supports service projects throughout Africa.
- Rotary’s Chili and Quackers Challenge scheduled for Oct. 24
- Pam Slater-Price selected as Board of Supervisors chair
- Rotary whackers over Chili & Quackers
- Supervisors to consider moving reinvestment funds to fire services
- County to seek money to track beach water quality
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=535