Suspect in Solana Beach apartment complex assault arrested
A teenage boy was behind bars Wednesday for allegedly attacking a woman in an elevator at her North County apartment complex, threatening to kill her and holding a knife to her neck before she managed to escape.
The assault in the 800 block of Stevens Avenue in Solana Beach was reported shortly after midnight last Wednesday, sheriff’s Detective Jeff Schmidt said.
The victim told investigators she screamed and fought back when her assailant grabbed her from behind, eventually breaking free and fleeing with superficial injuries.
The 17-year-old teen, whose name was withheld because he is a minor, was already a suspect in the crime when a tipster identified him as the alleged perpetrator, Schmidt said.
He was arrested Tuesday night during a search of his Solana Beach home and booked into juvenile hall.
- DNA links suspect in home invasion assault series
- Sexual assault suspect found dead in cell
- Suspect in Carmel Valley, other attacks arrested
- Solana Beach woman fights off knife attack
- CHP says woman killed in I-5 crash lived in Solana Beach
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=318