Light the Night Walk for leukemia research is Nov. 5
On Friday, Nov. 5, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s 12TH Annual Light the Night Walk will take place at the Del Mar Fairgrounds to raise money for those battling blood cancers. Carrying illuminated balloons — white for survivors, red for supporters and gold in memory of loved ones lost to cancer — thousands of walkers will come together to bring light to the dark world of cancer during this 2-mile walk around the fairground’s concourse.
The Walk, which commemorates lives touched by blood cancers, is a celebration, with music, refreshments and family activities. Check-in will be at 6 p.m. with the opening ceremony beginning at 7 p.m. and the Walk starting at 7:30 p.m.
- Memorial walk set for May 16
- Research Report: Discovery sheds light on mysterious glow of sea
- Del Mar going pink for 3-Day Walk on Friday
- Lagoon walk honors Finnell, raises funds for Del Mar Community Connections program
- Carmel Del Mar students get wet on ‘Walk to School Day’
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=518