Reception and book signing to be held for Carmel Valley author’s new bookCarmel Valley resident Dan Peled recently published his third book, a historical fiction novel “Naomi’s Quest.” A reception and book signing will be held at the Carmel Valley Library on Wednesday, Nov. 10 at 6 p.m.
The novel tells the story of Meir Shalev, who goes to Nazi Germany to rescue the children of two prominent Jewish families at the close of the Holocaust. The story of the surviving children is told, weaving through events such as the 1947-49 Arab-Israeli War of Independence, the Six Day War in 1967 and the Yom Kippur War in 1973.
The book is available at Barnes and Noble, Borders, Amazon.com, the iUniverse online book store and copies will be available at the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center in La Jolla. Books will also be available at the library event on Nov. 10—Peled will give a lecture and sign books.
The Carmel Valley Library is located at 3919 Townsgate Drive in Carmel Valley, directly behind the Del Mar Highlands Shopping Plaza.
- Reception, book signing set for local author’s third book
- Carmel Valley mom publishes Jewish craft book for children
- In new book, author strives to help children believe in themselves
- Karl Rove draws crowd with mixed opinions to La Jolla book-signing
- Carmel Valley Library Corner: Morning story time geared to infants
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=834