Vouchers and gift cards stolen from nonprofit before Del Mar Fairgrounds event
An investigation was under way Wednesday into the theft of about $53,000 worth of vouchers and gift cards from a nonprofit relief organization during the set up of an event at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
Project Concern International celebrated its 50th anniversary at the fairgrounds with about 650 guests on Nov. 6. The day before, the vouchers were taken from the car of the one of the party’s organizers, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported.
Project Concern is based in Kearny Mesa and reaches 16 countries. Shawn Ruggeiro, the group’s associate director of development, told the Union-Tribune that the vouches and gift cards were to be auctioned off during the party.
- Del Mar Fairgrounds sale nixed
- Fairgrounds officials try to sell naming rights
- Del Mar City Council may buy Fairgrounds
- DM Fairgrounds sells naming rights to Albertsons
- No raise for Del Mar Fairgrounds CEO
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1295