Gunman robs Encinitas bank
By City News Service
A gun-toting man wearing a painter’s dust mask robbed a North County bank Friday.
The thief, who appeared to be about 40, confronted a teller at the Citibank branch office in the 100 block of North El Camino Real in Encinitas shortly before 9:30 a.m., displayed a black pistol with a silver barrel and demanded money, sheriff’s Sgt. Robin Lawrence said.
The employee complied, and the bandit fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.
He was described as a roughly 5-foot-11-inch, 180-pound man with light-brown hair, wearing a gray jacket and a dark-colored baseball cap, the sergeant said.
- Gunman robs Subway in Carlsbad
- Man in painter’s mask robs Encinitas bank
- Bandit robs Carlsbad bank
- Masked thief robs Sorrento Valley bank
- Del Mar bank robbed, possibly by teen
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1491