Young Carlsbad runner who collapsed and died identified
By City News Service
A young runner who apparently collapsed and died this week has been identified as 18-year-old Ian Patrick Phillips of Carlsbad, according to the county coroner’s office.
Several people called 911 after Phillips was spotted lying in the street near Tamarack Avenue and Jefferson Street around 5:50 p.m. Tuesday, according to Carlsbad police Lt. Bruce May.
Officers determined that he was not the victim of a vehicle collision, but had been running when he collapsed for unknown reasons, May said.
He was taken to Tri-City Medical Center, where he later died.
His identity was unclear until a family member called police looking for him, May said.
The San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office was investigating the cause of death.
- Authorities confirm suicide was cause of Carlsbad treasurer’s death
- Gunman identified in Carlsbad elementary school shooting
- Armed man robs diners in Carlsbad restaurant
- New Carlsbad police chief appointed
- Inmate main suspect in Carlsbad abduction, robbery case
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=19155