Bengals’ quarterback Carson Palmer buys Balboa Lot in Del Mar
By Marlena Chavira-Medford
Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is the new owner of the Balboa Lot, a coveted 22,000-square foot plot with sweeping views of the sea and lagoon that Del Mar auctioned off in September.
Palmer, who is also a former Heisman Trophy winner, made the winning bid via a representative back in September. Palmer’s name had been kept under wraps during escrow, though Friday a Del Mar city official confirmed he is the owner.
Palmer, who has lived in Del Mar for at least a year, purchased the lot located at 2160 Balboa Ave. for $4.4 million. Del Mar plans to use that money to pay off a $3.25 million debt on the Shores property, a park it financed in 2008. The extra money from the sale will be put toward funding a new lifeguard center, the city spokesperson said.
- Del Mar officials will try to sell Balboa lot
- Sanders announces plan for nonprofit to help run Balboa Park
- Task force urges council to form nonprofit to assist in running Balboa Park
- Donation to Balboa park will used for garden upkeep
- City National buys 1st Pacific Bank
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=19213