Kehoe introduces bill to sell fairgrounds to Del Mar
By City News Service
Sen. Christine Kehoe, D-San Diego, Monday introduced legislation to pave the way for the sale of the state-owned Del Mar Fairgrounds to the city of Del Mar.
The 340-acre parcel west of Interstate 5 is one of a number of properties that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger wants to unload to help close California’s chronic budget deficit.
The city wants to buy the fairgrounds for $120 million and set up a coalition of local government agencies to operate it, and allow local horse owners to improve some of the racetrack facilities.
The proposed sale has been endorsed by key environmental organizations since it would help protect the San Dieguito River Valley, which runs through the property.
- Kehoe introduces greenway bill
- Kehoe introduces bill to create greenway along San Dieguito River
- Kehoe introduces LJ Cove seal bill
- Kehoe’s fairgrounds greenway bill clears Senate
- Governor to announce plan to sell fairgrounds
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=19283