Kehoe to chair California LGBT Legislative CaucusBy City News Service
Sen. Christine Kehoe, D-San Diego, announced Thursday she was unanimously chosen to chair the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Legislative Caucus.
Kehoe was selected by the six other members of the caucus, which includes first-term Assemblywoman Toni Atkins, D-San Diego.
“I’m honored to serve as chair and am eager to work with our largest LGBT caucus ever — growing from four members last session to the current seven members,” Kehoe said.
“We are committed to protecting the rights of LGBT Californians and look forward to Gov. Brown joining us in this effort,” she said.
The California Legislature in 2002 became the first in the nation to form a LGBT caucus.
- S.D. City Hall exhibit celebrates local LGBT history
- Kehoe announces plan for greenway along San Dieguito River
- Kehoe introduces bill to create greenway along San Dieguito River
- Kehoe touts plan for greenway
- Kehoe introduces bill to sell fairgrounds to Del Mar
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=20656