One killed in crash near Del Mar
By City News Service
One person was killed when two drivers crashed their vehicles and blocked the transition road from westbound Route 56 to southbound Interstate 15 near Del Mar on Sunday.
California Highway Patrol officers said the wreck occurred on the elevated ramp that links the Ted Williams Freeway to the local access lanes of southbound Interstate 5, north of the 805 split interchange, at 7:31 a.m.
San Diego Police traffic units helped control traffic until both cars were towed away, and the ramp reopened after about two hours.
No names or crash details were immediately released.
- Woman killed in morning crash on I-5 identified
- Closures along I-15 in Escondido planned for next two months
- Overturned gravel truck causing problems on southbound I-5 in La Jolla
- New express lanes on I-15 will debut in September
- SigAlert on I-5 after major injury crash
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=21123