Carmel Valley: Construction on new hotel likely to begin in June
By Karen Billing
Last year might have been the final year to get Halloween pumpkins or Christmas trees at the vacant lot on El Camino Real — developers are aiming for June to begin construction on the new Carmel Valley Residence Inn. The eight-story, 118-room hotel will be located across the street from the Doubletree, next to the Del Mar Marriott and Homewood Suites.
At the Carmel Valley Community Planning Board meeting on Jan. 27, the board approved a small elevator penthouse for the top of the building and one additional room as the developers decided to change a resident manager’s quarters into an additional room. The elevator penthouse does not change the roofline or elevation at all.
“The hotel market suffered dramatically over the last three years, but we’re seeing a fairly decent recovery which is encouraging,” said Hunter Oliver of Prospect Street Hotel Partners.
Construction bids for the 120,960-square-foot-hotel went out in January.
- City updates Carmel Valley panel on Kilroy project
- Carmel View decision delayed
- Carmel Valley: Public comment period on Kilroy project coming soon
- Carmel Valley planning board voices opposition to group’s proposal to move Carmel Valley to another district
- Carmel Valley continues to attract office users
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=21151