Carmel Valley Teen Korps members support Mary’s Meals
By Katherine Lauerman, 7th grader at Carmel Valley Middle School
On Saturday, Jan. 22, the Carmel Valley Middle School Teen Korps chapter met at the Center For Healthy Living in Encinitas to work on a Kids M-Power project. This fun activity supported Mary’s Meals, a nonprofit organization that requires only $10 to feed a child for a year, and North County Solutions for Change, a charity that aids homeless people in need.
The teens who attended made artwork with an art specialist and were allowed to paint whatever came to mind. Also, there was the option of making jewelry with a jewelry specialist, and creations ranged from necklaces to earrings. These pieces of art will be sold to benefit the charities. This event was not only helpful, but fun and creative. Hopefully, CVMS Teen Korp members will be able to participate in many more events like this one.
- Carmel Valley teen-speaking-skills students to star in graduation ceremony
- Police seek teen suspect in Carmel Valley bank robbery
- Kid Korps alumni gather for barbecue
- Kids Korps’ annual Eco Ball incorporates green solution
- Big help from Sage Kids Korps
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=21423