Gas line ruptures at Del Mar Highlands Town Center
A construction crew trying to move a palm tree at Del Mar Highlands Town Center Feb. 16 ruptured a two-inch natural gas line, but no one was hurt.
The mishap was reported at 9:15 a.m. at 12955 El Camino Real, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.
Maurice Luque (in photo at right) of the SD Fire Department told KFMB-TV that at least seven businesses, including a supermarket, closed up shop voluntarily, but formal evacuations were unnecessary. A breeze helped dissipate the gas as it went into the air, he said. It was unclear how long it would take to cap the leak.
— City News Service
- Del Mar Highlands Town Center jewelry store burglarized
- Del Mar Highlands Town Center movie theater to close Jan. 3 for renovation
- Del Mar Highlands Town Center upgrade project reaches halfway point
- Carmel Valley: ‘Pretty Please’ owner opens ‘Daisy Blue’ in Del Mar Highlands Town Center
- Carmel Valley celebrates new digs at Del Mar Highlands Town Center
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=21597