Solana Beach benefactors donate $25K for community center renovations
Solana Beach couple Peter House and Carol Childs have pledged a $25,000 donation toward the Fletcher Cove Community Center renovations.
After all the bids came in too high for this renovation project, city staff returned to the drafting table and found ways to cut costs. The project was put back out to bid in February, and a contract was awarded to Delta Builders for $267,475. City council also authorized $37,000 in redevelopment funds toward the project, in hopes of keeping some of the nicer amenities that had been cut out to reduce costs. Thanks to this donation from House and Childs, the city will be able to include even more of those original amenities in the project.
House is a board member of the Solana Beach Community Foundation, which has raised $185,000 for the project. Childs is president of the Solana Beach Civic and Historical Society, which has raised about $40,600 for the project.
- Solana Beach awards contract for Fletcher Cove Community Center Renovations
- New Solana Beach foundation will focus on community center
- Fundraising efforts gear up for Fletcher Cove community center
- Solana Beach and Public Arts Advisory Commission to receive award for ‘Outstanding Community event’
- Solana Beach digs into community center project
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=22081