Canyon Crest Academy’s Envision Theater to present ‘A Night at the Bijou’
The award-winning Canyon Crest Academy Theater Program will perform “A Night at the Bijou,” a madcap musical revue inspired by classic American vaudeville. When all of the professional vaudeville performers get stuck on a train in a snowstorm, a cast of zany amateurs volunteer so that the show can go on. This original vaudeville musical runs March 16-19, at the Proscenium Theater, Canyon Crest Academy, 5951 Village Center Loop Road, San Diego, CA 92130.
“A Night at the Bijou” was written by Bernard Baldan for the actors and musicians of Canyon Crest Academy, and, true to the times of the early 20th century, is a multi-media event incorporating vaudeville acts, film, and music of the era written and performed by CCA musicians.
Bernard Baldan created and directed the play. “We’ve worked hard to make this play a unique event for the audience and the performers as well. Besides the absolute joy of live vaudeville acts, we bring the audience members back to the time when vaudeville and film were battling for the attention of the American public.”
Tickets run from $8-19 and can be purchased at www.CCAenvision.org/main/tickets
- Canyon Crest Academy’s Envision Theater to present ‘Anon(ymous)’
- Another stellar show line-up coming to Canyon Crest Academy’s Envision Theater
- Canyon Crest Academy Instrumental Music Conservatory to present ‘Unaccompanied Minors’
- Canyon Crest Academy presents ‘Festival of the Arts’ Jan. 8
- ‘South Pacific’ opens at Canyon Crest Academy
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=22280