Carmel Valley high school district announces administrative personnel changes
San Dieguito Union High School District Superintendent Ken Noah announced recently that “after considerable thought relative to needs districtwide and at individual sites, he is pleased to announce changes in administrative assignments for the 2011-12 school year.”
“We were faced with the need to make reductions in administrative personnel and fill vacancies created through retirements,” he said.
The following changes will take place, effective July 1, 2011:
• Anna Pedroza, principal at Earl Warren Middle School, will move to Oak Crest Middle School, replacing Terry Calen, who has announced his retirement.
• Mary Anne Nuskin, principal at Diegueño Middle School, will move to Earl Warren Middle School.
• Bryan Marcus, assistant principal at Diegueño Middle School, will be promoted to principal. The assistant principal position will be filled through a selection process.
• Jeff Copeland, assistant principal at Carmel Valley Middle School, will be promoted to assistant principal at Canyon Crest Academy. Assistant principal, Barbara Stroud, has announced her retirement.
• The assistant principal position at Carmel Valley Middle School vacated by Jeff Copeland’s transfer will not be filled, thereby reducing an administrative position in the district.
• The athletic director responsibilities at both academies will be absorbed by the assistant principal in charge of athletics, resulting in the net loss of an administrative position.
“These changes result in a net reduction of two administrative positions districtwide. Though the reductions are challenging and require fewer people to take on more responsibility, we appreciate the quality of our team, and look forward to continued success,” Noah said.
- More significant budget cuts coming for San Dieguito high school district
- Bond measure considered for voter approval by high school district
- Carmel Valley: Del Mar Union School District addresses details for new office
- High school class of 2013 ready to go
- High school district student bus fees raised to $600
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=22617