Del Mar/Carmel Valley resident earns Award of Excellence
The Bishop’s School Community Service Director Joan Heylman recognized two Bishop’s students who received community service awards of excellence. Del Mar junior Megan Hastings and senior David Cohn were awarded the Prudential Spirit of Community Award of Excellence.Hastings provided support for victims of domestic violence at Becky’s House through a Becky’s Books project in 2009 – 2010 and over 3,000 books were collected for three shelters. To add to this collection, Hastings secured a $500 donation from the IKEA store in San Diego which provided shelving for the books. For her outstanding efforts, Hastings received two additional awards: the Youth Services of America “Everyday Hero Award” and the “Violet Richardson Award” from the Soroptimist Club of La Jolla that gave Hastings a $1,000 cash award as well as $1,000 for a charity of her choosing.
Hastings, a resident of Del Mar/Carmel Valley, is the daughter of Pamela and Greg Hastings.
- Carmel Valley resident’s law firm earns five outstanding trial lawyers awards
- Solana Beach resident earns Telly Award
- Michael Taylor earns Service Excellence Award
- Carmel Valley resident a Stevie Awards finalist
- Solana Beach and Public Arts Advisory Commission to receive award for ‘Outstanding Community event’
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=22855