Del Mar Union School District trustees extend Peabody’s contract
The Del Mar Union School District Board of Trustees gave district superintendent James Peabody a big vote of confidence on March 23, extending his contract for the next three years.
His initial two-year contract was through 2012, but this new extension will keep him in Del Mar until 2014.
The superintendent’s salary will be brought in line with what past superintendents have earned, board president Comischell Rodriguez said, noting his salary will start at $180,000 a year, and move up to $198,000 by 2014.
“We got a really good deal,” said Rodriguez of Peabody.
Trustee Doug Rafner called Peabody a “breath of fresh air” and said that he was grateful for the calm he’s brought to the district.
“I thank the board for the faith in me to continue on and to hire the best staff in California,” Peabody said.
- Del Mar trustees give Peabody two-year contract as superintendent
- Employee incentives up for discussion in Del Mar school district
- Del Mar Union School District trustees modify guidelines for office search
- Last meeting a time of reflection for outgoing Del Mar school board trustees
- Del Mar Union School District board of trustees lacking in leadership
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=22998