Solana Beach unemployment rate falls
By Marlena Chavira-Medford
The U.S. Department of Labor announced this month that unemployment rates have hit a two-year low at 8.8 percent — and Solana Beach’s unemployment rates have also dropped from 7.2 percent last year to 6.9 percent this year, according to data just released by the California Employment Development Department.
Though Solana Beach’s unemployment has increased from 2.3 percent in 2000 to 6.9 this year, this most recent dip suggests that things could be improving, which would fall in line with the national trend.
Solana Beach’s unemployed population, which is about 600 residents, is among the lowest in the county. In fact, Solana Beach has the fifth lowest unemployment rate of all the cities in the county. Solana Beach’s unemployment rate is also well below the county’s unemployment rate at 10.1 percent, and California’s unemployment rate at 12.4 percent.
- Del Mar unemployment figures still relatively low despite rise
- San Diego County’s unemployment rate drops slightly
- San Diego County’s unemployment rate at 10 percent in May
- County unemployment rate at 8.6 percent
- Unemployment rate in county hit 11 percent in March
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=23004