Torrey Pines High School Stadium gets spring cleaning
March was spring cleaning time at Torrey Pines High School! The TPHS lacrosse teams put down their lax sticks and picked up rakes, shovels and brooms to beautify Falcon Stadium. Scholar-athletes from both the boys and girls lacrosse programs, as well as parents, worked enthusiastically for three hours, pulling weeds, removing 30 bags of trash, clearing drains and sweeping the stands. With budget cuts to schools, very little manpower goes to keeping up the grounds and facilities besides nominal trash removal so the students have enthusiastically stepped up to fill in some gaps! The Brown family generously provided pizza for more than 60 participants after the work was done.
This was the first community service project coordinated by new boys lacrosse head coach Jono Zissi, and TPHS parent volunteer Kellie Doyle. Continuing opportunities for TPHS lacrosse players to give back to others currently include a Red Cross donation drive for Japan, as well as other events to be announced.
For more information on activities or volunteer opportunities at Torrey Pines High School, contact the foundation office at (858) 793-3551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Torrey Pines High School Foundation schedules spring fundraiser
- Torrey Pines High School students win big in science and technology competition
- Buy tickets now for Torrey Pines High School Winter Formal
- Torrey Pines High School Foundation’s ‘Pump Up the Volume’ fundraiser coming
- Lacrosse clubs launch summer programs
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=23043