St. James Church procession is April 17
St. James Church in Solana Beach is celebrating its centennial this year. The opening event, a procession to Palm Sunday Mass, will be held April 17 at 9:30 a.m. Participants will process just over two miles, walking from the site of the old St. James church which is now the Del Mar Library, to the current location in Solana Beach. Short stops will be made at the Rock Haus, where the very first parish Mass was celebrated by Bishop Thomas J. Conaty in the summer of 1911. Two other stops will be dedicated to honoring the devoted pastors who were instrumental in shepherding the parish during its first 100 years. The community is invited.
- St. James Parish celebrating its centennial
- Christmas holiday church services
- Church’s children’s choirs unite for holiday CD benefit
- St. James Academy students celebrate Grandparents’ Day
- Celebrate Easter with local egg hunts, church services
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=23210