Del Mar Foundation to present May 6 concert featuring bluegrass band
The Del Mar Foundation and the San Diego Bluegrass Society recently announced the San Diego debut of the bluegrass band Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen, in a special performance. The concert will be held in the intimate, oceanfront venue of the Del Mar Powerhouse Community Center, 1658 Coast Boulevard, on Friday, May 6 at 7:30 p.m.
Frank Solivan, formerly the mandolinist with the U.S. Navy’s bluegrass band, Country Currents, now fronts his own band, recognized by Bluegrass Unlimited Magazine as ranking among the “buzz” bluegrass bands on the scene today. The band has “the energy of a hardcore traditional band with a more modern and contemporary folk-influenced sound” (Vintage Guitar Magazine).
Tickets are $15 per person (advance), $18 (door) and are available online at www.delmarfoundation.org.
- Del Mr Foundation hosts Eve Selis Band for First Thursdays
- ‘Bluegrass & Beyond’ resounds at Powerhouse
- DM Heights band earns ‘Superior’ rank
- Del Mar Foundation welcomes Billy Watson band
- Ten Questions: Former Del Mar city attorney keen on bluegrass
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=23314