Friends of the Solana Beach Library to present award-winning author
On Tuesday night, May 10, at 6:30 p.m., the Friends of the Solana Beach Library invite the public to its My Friends Night Out event, which will feature a casual Q&A session with award-winning author Tatjana Soli, who is a novelist and short story writer. Soli is the author of “The Lotus Eaters,” her first novel.
“The Lotus Eaters” earned a cover page review in the New York Times Book Review upon its publication, a very rare event for a first-time novelist. The book was also named as one of the best books of 2010 by the New York Times and is now on its best-seller list. “The Lotus Eaters” has also been named a Notable Book of 2011 by the American Library Association and the LA Times has nominated it as a Book Award Finalist for the Art Seidenbaum Award for First Fiction.
“The Lotus Eaters” is about a woman photographer determined to make her mark in the man’s world of the Vietnam War. She falls in love with a seasoned war journalist and, when he is killed, forges a relationship with their mutual Vietnamese guide and interpreter with dramatic consequences for them both.
This event will be held at the Solana Beach Library (157 Stevens Avenue in Solana Beach) and is free to the public. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. Copies of “The Lotus Eater” are available at the library in the Reader’s Express section.
- Solana Beach Library to present ‘Friends Night Out’
- Solana Beach Library to feature local author Woodrow Wilson at next ‘Friends Night Out’
- Friends of the Solana Beach Library to present ‘The Chemistry of Romantic Love’ Friends Night Out event Feb. 8
- Solana Beach Library to host Friends Night Out event April 5
- Solana Beach Library to present an evening of Irish dancing
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=23599