Del Mar Union School District supports California schools’ Week of Action
The Del Mar Union School District board voted to support the May 9-13 Week of Action, a week promoted by education professionals, parents, students and other labor groups to protect California’s future and the future of students and working families across the state. In California over the last few years, K-12 and higher education funding has been cut by more than $20 billion and there is a threat for more cuts and losses this year.
“We can’t survive on an all-cuts budget and something has to happen,” said board trustee Kristin Gibson.
The Week of Action includes a sit-in at the state capitol, reaching out to every parent, appreciating teachers, promoting the need for revenue for schools and attending May 13 rallies in cities such as Sacramento, San Diego and Los Angeles.
Board president Comischell Rodriguez will be attending the May 13 rally in Sacramento.
- OPINION: Del Mar Union School District in desperate need of change Nov. 2
- Del Mar Union School District creates budget task force
- Fundraising going strong in Del Mar Union School District
- Del Mar Union School District trustees extend Peabody’s contract
- Del Mar Union School District panel divided
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=23647