Fire department program receives Regional Golden Watchdog Award
The San Diego County Taxpayers Association (SDCTA) recently gave a Regional Golden Watchdog Award to the Fire Department Shared Management Services, a relatively new program that includes the communities of Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas, and Rancho Santa Fe. The program allows these communities to consolidate their fire services through cooperation, thereby providing better service and saving money. In fact, about a year into the program, it had already saved more than $1 million in tax dollars cumulatively across the four communities it serves. Now in its 16th year, the Golden Watchdog & Golden Fleece Awards gives the public an opportunity to voice compliments and criticism of government spending through nomination of programs that highlight the smart and not-so-smart decisions of the past year.
- Solana Beach and Del Mar fire department, city of Solana Beach finalists for Golden Watchdog Awards
- Solana Beach: Fire-management services raising the bar and saving money
- Solana Beach: Fire-management services raising the bar
- Del Mar Fire Department to host Weed and Nuisance Abatement program workshop
- Changes to fire services plan should save tax dollars
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=24211