Local youth to showcase their public speaking skills
Local teens and pre-teens will showcase their public speaking skills for their family, friends, and community members at Taste of Italy in Torrey Hills on June 7, 9, and 11. The students will celebrate the completion of Teen Speaking Skills, an eight session course designed to empower children to become confident, effective communicators.
The graduation events will begin with the students showcasing their talent during a persuasive speaking competition. Next, the students will be honored for their achievements during the recognition and awards ceremony. The events are June 7 and 9 at 3:30 p.m., and June 11 at 12:15 p.m. Members of the public are invited to attend, however an RSVP is required.
Teen Speaking Skills courses are taught by Carmel Valley resident Kathleen Behrens, who is a credentialed educator and the Carmel Valley Toastmasters Area Governor. The next Teen Speaking Skills classes will begin on June 19 and July 6. For additional information on course dates and times or to RSVP for the graduation event, please visit www.TeenSpeakingSkills.com.
- Carmel Valley: Teen Speaking Skills students to celebrate success at graduation
- Carmel Valley teen-speaking-skills students to star in graduation ceremony
- Carmel Valley students shine during showcase speech event
- Local teens win persuasive speaking competitions
- Solana Beach public speaking course offered for local students
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=24482