Del Mar and Solana Beach projects win landscape awards
Licensed landscape contractors in the San Diego region are working to maintain the area’s unique beauty through the design, installation and management of the county’s landscapes, while conserving as much water as possible. These efforts were recognized on June 24 at the California Landscape Contractors Association’s Annual Beautification Awards Program, held at the Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College.
The San Diego chapter of the CLCA honored 23 local landscape contractors for excellence in landscape installation and maintenance. Fifty-two awards were presented in 26 categories culled from 105 entries, which encompassed categories covering residential and commercial landscape construction, maintenance and renovation, along with water features, outdoor lighting and water-saving California-friendly landscaping.
The three top awards were: Sweepstakes award for design and build construction to Ciro’s Landscaping, Inc. of Escondido for the Baldwin residence in Del Mar; President’s Award for residential construction to Nature Designs Landscaping of Vista for its work at a wedding event site; and, Judges Award for commercial maintenance to The Brickman Group of San Diego for its work on 13 acres of landscape maintenance at the 24 acre La Jolla Country Day School.
A first place “winner” and second place “achievement” award were presented, although not all categories warranted both types of awards. Here is a list of Del Mar and Solana Beach winners:
• Residential construction category: Lansker’s Landscape Design for the Davis residence in La Jolla (winner); Backyard Vacations for the Andrus residence in Carlsbad (achievement); H.A. Casillas Landscape for Seabright Lane in Solana Beach (achievement).
• Residential maintenance category: Columbine Landscape for Solana Beach Overlook in Solana Beach (winner); Torrey Pines Landscape for the Keitel Residence in Rancho Santa Fe (achievement).
• Commercial maintenance shopping outlet category: The Brickman Group for Carmel Mountain Plaza in San Diego (winner); The Brickman Group for Town Centre I, II, III & IV in Solana Beach (achievement).
• California friendly landscape construction large category: Nature Designs Landscaping for a wedding event site in Alpine (winner); Schnetz Landscape, Inc. for the Hoehn project in Del Mar (achievement).
• Design build construction large category: Ciro’s Landscaping for La Fortune residence in Del Mar (winner); Allen Landscapes for the Van de Grift residence in San Diego (achievement).
For more information and how to choose a contractor, please log on to clcasandiego.org.
- Solana Beach honored for landscape architecture
- Solana Beach residents help landscape Fletcher Cove Community Center
- Solana Beach designers win top honors in ASID Design Excellence Awards
- Solana Beach and Del Mar fire department, city of Solana Beach finalists for Golden Watchdog Awards
- Papers win two awards
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=25897