New townhome development planned
By Karen Billing
James Alcorn, of Alcorn and Benton Architects, presented the latest plans for a new townhome development on Via de la Valle to the Carmel Valley Community Planning Board on July 28.
The project is planned on a 22-acre site on the north side of Via de la Valle, east of Flower Hill Promenade. Each of the 22 townhomes has two dwelling units, each unit with an outdoor patio and a two-car garage. The townhomes will step down the hill of the site.
The planning board expressed concerns about recreational space for residents, a deceleration lane into the community and its “ultra modern look” that they worried does not blend in with the hillside.
“This is the last open space on Via de la Valle and you have an opportunity to do some great architecture,” chair Frisco White said.
Alcorn said they would work with the board’s suggestions before returning with a more finely tuned architectural plan that included colors and materials.
- Via de la Valle hillside development concerns planning board
- Del Mar: Lawsuit filed against Flower Hill upgrade
- Carmel Valley planning board approves updated Gables project plans
- San Diego City Council approves Flower Hill Promenade upgrade
- San Diego City Council OK’s Torrey Hills development
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=26051