Del Mar council OKs more off-hour parking options
Business parking spaces that typically go unused during nights and weekends can now be made open to the general public, but possibly at a price, the Del Mar City Council decided on Aug. 8. The zoning change, passed by a unanimous vote, allows otherwise-required parking parking spaces on developed properties to be made available in non-operational hours, but the use of the off-street parking — as well as whether the owner wants to implement a fee — will be subject to city authorization. The move was made in an effort to enhance the vibrancy of downtown Del Mar by increasing the stock of parking spaces, according to council documents. The ordinance goes into effect in early September and will be in effect for five years, unless extended by the council.
- Del Mar City Council passes taxicab parking ordinance
- Solana Beach City Council may enforce time limits for parking lot near Fletcher Cove
- Del Mar downtown property owner to use alternative means to ease parking
- Parking plan for development approved
- Del Mar: Changes down the road for downtown parking
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=26218