Whitney (Sam) Rowland celebrates 90th birthday
Whit and Evie Rowland, 40-year residents of Del Mar, are in town to celebrate Whit’s 90th birthday. They have been living in the Sonoma wine country, where their daughter, Nancy, lives.
Whit retired from General Atomic as manager of Safety and Accidents in 1985. He is a very knowledgeable wine connoisseur and has served at many wine tastings in this area.
Evie was a much-loved secretary at Del Mar Shores, Del Mar Hills, and Del Mar Heights elementary schools.
Their daughter Sandy and husband Mike and two sons are here from Baltimore, also, in addition to Nancy.
A birthday luncheon with close friends will be celebrated at L’Auberge Restaurant.
- Former Solana Beach resident celebrates 109th birthday
- Reception celebrates creativity
- DMCC helps client celebrate her 100th birthday
- Del Mar celebrates Summer Solstice
- Del Mar Hills Nursery celebrates 40 years
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=26403