Governor appoints new Del Mar Fairgrounds board members
By City News Service
Governor Jerry Brown Aug. 26 appointed five San Diego area residents to the board of directors for the 22nd Agricultural District, which
operates the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
The appointees, who do not require Senate confirmation, are: Lisa Barkett, 52, of La Jolla; Tom Chino, 62, of Del Mar; David Lizerbram, 35, of San Diego; Frederick Schenk, 57, of San Diego; and David Watson, 54, of Chula Vista.
Barkett is a longtime vice president of Merjan Financial Corp. and Chino is the president of Chino Nojo family farm. The others are lawyers.
Board members do not receive compensation.
- Governor releases three 22nd District Agricultural Association board members
- Carmel Valley planning board unsympathetic to fairgrounds board position
- Members sworn in on school board
- Ag. board continues criticism of Del Mar’s plan to buy fairgrounds
- Santa Fe Irrigation district board approves water rate hike
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=26774