Teens to showcase public speaking skills
Local teens and pre-teens will showcase their public speaking skills for their family, friends, and community members at Taste of Italy in Torrey Hills on Aug. 24 (just after presstime for this newspaper) and at the Hampton Inn in Carmel Valley on Aug. 28. The students will celebrate the completion of Teen Speaking Skills, an eight-session course designed to empower children to become confident, effective communicators.
The graduation events will begin with the students showcasing their talent during a persuasive speaking competition. Next, the students will be honored for their achievements during the recognition and awards ceremony. The events on Aug. 24 will begin at 2 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. The event on Aug. 28 will begin at 12:15 p.m. Members of the public are invited to attend, however an RSVP is required.
Teen Speaking Skills courses are taught by Carmel Valley resident Kathleen Behrens, who is a credentialed educator and an Advanced Toastmaster. The fall Teen Speaking Skills classes will begin on Sept. 24, 25, 27, and 28. For additional information on course dates and times or to RSVP for any of the graduation events, please visit www.TeenSpeakingSkills.com.
- Local youth to showcase their public speaking skills
- Carmel Valley: Teen Speaking Skills students to celebrate success at graduation
- Carmel Valley teen-speaking-skills students to star in graduation ceremony
- Carmel Valley students shine during showcase speech event
- Local teens win persuasive speaking competitions
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=26719