Solana Beach creates housing authority
Amid recent issues revolving around a shortage of affordable housing in Solana Beach and state mandates to build more affordable homes, the Solana Beach City Council on Aug. 24 voted unanimously to form a housing authority in the city.
The matter was brought to the table by City Attorney Johanna Canlas, who said Solana Beach needs a housing authority to be up to speed with other cities and comply with what the state suggests as good practice in making sure adequate affordable housing is provided.
The members of the council will serve as housing authority commissioners, and they will present Solana Beach Housing Authority bylaws at a future council meeting.
— Claire Harlin
- Solana Beach: Public informational workshop to be held on affordable housing mixed-use project
- Some Solana Beach residents voice concern that affordable housing project not a good fit for South Sierra
- Solana Beach officials work $800K in savings into budget, address fire staffing concerns
- Del Mar, Solana Beach may be part of bill that would give more control over fairgrounds
- Solana Beach Mayor Lesa Heebner named to 22nd District Agricultural Association Community Relations Committee
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=26824