Solana Beach resident Patricia Kimper earns USA Triathlon national title
Solana Beach resident Patricia Kimper captured the female 65-69 age group national title Aug. 20 at the 2011 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championship.
Kimper posted a time of 2 hours, 49 minutes, 22 seconds on the 1,500-meter swim, 40-kilometer bike and 10-kilometer run course. In addition to the victory, Kimper also earned a spot on Team USA for the 2012 ITU Age Group Triathlon World Championships in Auckland, New Zealand, on Oct. 18-22, 2012.
Team USA is comprised of amateur athletes who represent the United States at each ITU World Championships event.
In all, nearly 2,500 multisport athletes competed at the USA Triathlon Age Group and Sprint National Championships, which will return to Burlington in 2012.
- Triathlon Challenge has ‘bigger purpose’
- Athletes race through Solana Beach triathlon, duathlon
- Del Mar native competing in surf, skate and snowboard triathlon
- Solana Beach resident earns Telly Award
- Synchro swimmers earn trip to National Championships
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=26786