Girl Scouts collecting donations for Helen Woodward Animal CenterIn a world where neglected and abused animals are finally found, Helen Woodward Animal Center (HWAC) proves to be an amazing place. That’s why Marisa Chang, Kiana Devereaux and Maddy Sands Girl Scouts from Troop 1411 in Carmel Valley, decided to help the center for part of their Silver Award project.
“I felt like we should just help a place that does so much for animals and the community,” claimed Maddy Sands.
The center is a nonprofit organization which is all about saving injured or abandoned animals. This also includes animal education classes, therapeutic programs, and their AniMeals program for the elderly. Thousands of dogs, cats, and other animals are adopted from the center each year, but it takes a lot of time, hard work, and money to take care of each animal that comes through the center. With all the hard work and energy that is put into each animal there needs to be proper equipment and supplies for each of them.
The community can help out HWAC by donating items that are needed to help the center run smoothly. That’s why Marisa, Kiana, and Maddy will be collecting necessities and other products that are needed for the Helen Woodward Animal Center. They will be at Del Mar Heights Elementary School (13555 Boquita Dr. Del Mar, CA 92014-3453) on:
• Sunday, Sept. 11, from 4 -6 p.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 17, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.,
• Sunday, Sept. 18, from 9 a.m.– noon, and
• Sunday, Sept. 25, from 4 – 6 p.m.
A wide variety of donations are needed. For a complete list, see this article at www.delmartimes.net and type in “Helen Woodward Animal Center” on the search file.
- Girl Scouts collecting donations for Animal Center
- Lamb named at Helen Woodward Animal Center
- Carmel Valley students raise funds for Helen Woodward Animal Center
- Help name lamb at Helen Woodward Animal Center
- Mayor says Helen Woodward report inaccurate
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=27166