North Torrey Pines Road to close evening of Sept. 16
On Friday evening, Sept. 16, a full road closure of North Torrey Pines Road from the Torrey Pines State Beach Parking Lot to Carmel Valley Road is scheduled to occur for one evening between the hours of 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. Detours will divert southbound traffic to Carmel Valley Road and northbound traffic to Genesee Avenue via Interstate 5.
Traffic message boards were updated earlier this week to notify motorists of Friday evening’s roadway closure. This one night closure is related to the ongoing installation of the temporary bridge structure along the eastern side of the North Torrey Pines Road Bridge.
Evening construction work will continue to occur over the next several weeks with traffic control and flagmen in place to limit traffic to one lane on the bridge as needed.
- MAYOR’S VIEW: North Torrey Pines Bridge restoration begins
- Del Mar closer to work on North Torrey Pines Bridge
- North Torrey Pines Bridge to become earthquake-proof
- North Torrey Pines Bridge to become quake-proof
- North Torrey Pines Bridge – a Del Mar treasure
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=27331