Del Mar school district strives to fix enrollment issues
By Karen Billing
Del Mar Union School District Superintendent Jim Peabody has come up with an “aggressive timeline” to deal with the school district’s enrollment issues and impacted schools, such as Ocean Air. Peabody wants staff and a group of key community members to start looking at projections and options as soon as this month for the 2012-13 school year.
“One of my outcomes on this is to not have boundary changes,” Peabody said. “My personal goal is to come up with another way to solve this.”
Peabody said he hopes a recommendation can come before the board by January so that there can be a “pleasant August” where students are not finding out the last day before school starts where they will be attending.
“I think we can come up with more elegant solutions that will be favorable to all,” Peabody said.
- Del Mar to tackle issue of balancing school enrollment
- Del Mar Union School District trustees extend Peabody’s contract
- Del Mar school district facing possible budget cuts
- New district office property looks promising for Del Mar school district
- Del Mar school district board approves change to intradistrict transfer policy
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=27820