Solana Beach’s Del Sol Lions support San Diego Food Bank
Members of Del Sol Lions Club gathered together recently to volunteer their time for the San Diego Food Bank as part of the Solana Beach Presbyterian Church’s Community Serve Day. Under the leadership of Lion Randi Kolender-Hock, Del Sol Lions and other volunteers helped stock close to 1,000 boxes of food for those less fortunate in our community.
Established in 1977, the San Diego Food Bank is a critical component to the welfare of San Diego County providing food to people in need.
The Food Bank distributes over 18 million pounds of food annually to individuals, families and a network of nonprofit organizations that work to alleviate hunger throughout the county.
For more information, visit www.DelSolLions.org.
- Solana Beach: Del Sol Lions Club Charter president Dave Roberts honored
- PETCO launches pet food bank
- Solana Beach: Del Sol Lions Club to dedicate audible signal crosswalk
- Del Sol Lions Club recycles used eye glasses for less fortunate
- Lions Club forms Del Mar/Solana Beach chapter
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=28174