Hope for a Cure raises funds for cancer research
Hope for a Cure held its annual fundraiser, “Baubles and Wine,” Oct. 8 at the Marriott Del Mar. The event included a wine tasting, appetizers, entertainment and a silent auction. Hope for a Cure is a unique nonprofit organization that identifies cancer researchers in the San Diego area that are in need of scientific equipment to further their efforts in the treatment of cancer. Hope for a Cure raises the funds, locates the equipment, purchases it directly from the manufacturer and donates it directly to the scientist. This year’s recipient was Dr. Donald Durden, M.D., Ph.D. Vice Chair of Research in the Department of Pediatrics for UCSD Moores Cancer Center and Rady Children’s Hospital. The equipment donated this year will be a specialized digital camera that allows the researcher to measure the capacity of cancer cells that move in and invade the body. This will hopefully provide a platform for them to develop therapies that block this activity. Liedle, Lounsbery, Larson & Lidl, LLP a Carmel Valley law firm specializing in insurance defense were the event sponsors. www.hopeforacurefoundation.org.
- Celebrity chefs’ fab fare raises funds for cancer center
- Outdoor yoga workshop raises funds for breast cancer
- ‘Laps for Adam’ swim meet raises funds for brain cancer research
- Survivor Beach event in La Jolla calls attention to fight against cancer
- Father’s Day golf effort raises funds for Prostate Cancer Foundation
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=28261