Del Mar school district field trip policy changes
By Karen Billing
The Del Mar Union School District board approved some tweaks to the district’s field trip policy at its Oct. 26 meeting.
The old language stated that if the board allocates funds for school-sponsored trips, individual schools may be provided with allocations so they can plan ahead. The new board policy is that no field trip will be authorized if any student would be excluded from participation because of a lack of sufficient funds.
The superintendent would coordinate with community groups to supply funds for students in need and district funds would not be used to pay student expenses for out-of-state field trips.
The changes to the policy also “tighten up the approval process” for trips, reflecting that all trips involving out-of-county, out-of-state and overnight travel requires approval of the board. Written approval of the trip must be received before any planning or fundraising activities take place.
- Del Mar school district board approves change to intradistrict transfer policy
- Del Mar Union School District announces policy for free and reduced-price meals
- Del Mar Union School District kids academically, physically fit
- Del Mar Union School District approves revised lunch RFP
- Del Mar Union School District supports California schools’ Week of Action
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=28759