Del Mar reduces free parking days
By Claire Harlin
Those visiting downtown Del Mar on Nov. 19 and 20 will have to pay for parking as usual, a change from last year’s 14-day free parking program.
The program, started in 2008 with six non-enforced parking days after a request from the Del Mar Village Association, increased in 2009 when the DMVA requested 13 days and last year the program grew to 14 days, starting on Nov. 19 and extending on weekends through the holidays.
This year, the DMVA has decided to not include Nov. 19 and 20, starting the free parking days the weekend after Thanksgiving and reducing the number of non-enforced days from 14 to 12.
Del Mar city officials estimate that parking revenue is about $750 per day, but it’s still hard to quantify the fiscal impact of this change because there likewise may be an increase in revenue from retail sales when free parking is offered.
- Del Mar reduces parking fees to encourage shopping
- Free holiday parking extended
- Free parking offered in downtown Del Mar during the holidays
- Del Mar downtown property owner to use alternative means to ease parking
- Free parking offered in downtown Del Mar
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=29019