Solana Beach superintendent retiring
By Karen Billing
Solana Beach School District Superintendent Leslie Fausset is retiring after nearly 40 years in the education field and six years leading the district. The board has hired Richard Whitmore from WestEd to assist with the transition and conduct a superintendent search.Fausset said they plan to interview in early December and her departure date is totally dependent on the timing of the new superintendent’s availability.
In Fausset’s long career in education, she has done everything from teaching first grade in the Poway Unified School District to serving as the chief deputy superintendent for policy and programs for the California Department of Education.
She joined SBSD as a superintendent in 2005. Moving from her superintendent post at San Diego Unified School District, she has said it felt like coming home, as she has been a Solana Beach resident for more than 30 years and her two children went to Solana Beach schools.
- Solana Beach School District superintendent focused on maintaining district’s excellence
- Solana Beach school board member working for education law firm
- Solana Beach community panel discussion on education set
- Solana Beach’s Skyline School on list of most under-vaccinated kindergartners, according to incomplete chart
- Solana Beach plans for building seventh school site
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=29260