Solana Beach church will re-create Bethlehem
Calvary Lutheran Church will recreate a marketplace in Biblical Bethlehem on Dec. 4 so people can see what everyday life was like during Jesus’ time.
Booths at “A Night in Bethlehem” will feature Middle Eastern food, arts, crafts and other goods of the era. Visitors of all ages will be able to talk with church members portraying Roman soldiers, shepherds, census takers, shopkeepers and others.
The public is invited to the annual event, which take place from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the church, 424 Via de la Valle, just north of the San Diego County Fairgrounds.
Early registration is $15 per individual or $45 per family. Limited tickets will be available at the door at $20 per person or $55 per family. Scholarships are available to those needing financial assistance.
For tickets or information, phone the church at (858) 755-2855 or go to its website: www.CalvaryLutheranChurch.org
- Solana Beach church welcomes Eve Selis and her band Aug. 6
- Solana Beach church to feature Swedish college choir
- Solana Beach church gives to military families; wrapping day is Dec. 18
- Solana Beach church to present concerts
- Mark Price will portray St. Joseph Sept. 17 at Solana Beach church
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=29410